Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yikes! what was I thinking...lol

OK last night my kids and I went out to dinner at a local steak house. Well, I have this thing where I can't stand for people to talk LOUDLY on their cells, especially in public. Unknowingly I did this very thing I hate last night, while having dinner with my kids. Usually if I do answer my cell while in a restaurant I'm so worried that I'm not being too loud that I barely hear what the person on the phone is saying. I don't know what came over me last night, maybe making plans for lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in a year, the excitement got the best of me. The funny thing is the louder someone else speaks you automatically raise your own voice. So I guess both of our excitement got the best of us. lol Although speaking this loud on a cell in a restaurant wasn't the worst of it, while picking a place to meet, she picks this other steak house my kids and I ate at over the weekend and it made me sick as I don't know what, well we are discussing this on the phone. So not only am I being loud, I'm discussing being sick at another restaurant while all these people around me are having dinner.....geez!!!! What's wrong with me!?!?! SO, I guess I was all in my conversation, because I was oblivious to the fact that all the tables in the vicinity was staring at me the whole time, with the dirtiest of looks. At the closing of my conversation I look up, so see some pretty mean looks, my 1st instinct was, what the heck was my kids doing and I didn't even notice. As soon as I hang up, my oldest looks at me as states, "mom that was loud. Everyone in the restaurant is staring at YOU!" I felt soooooo bad after that, but what can ya do?? I lowered my voice and continued on with my evening. I felt so guilty about being that loud and the topic of conversation all night.....I know sad but I even woke up this morning with it still on my mind..hence the blog!! lol
Seriously if you really know me, I'm somewhat quiet and laid back, (in most situations) and truly do not like to draw attention to myself.
So if any of you was in ear shot of me last night I apologize!!

1 comment: